- Open Revit.ini file in Notepad. The file is typically located in C:\Program Files\Revit Structure 2008\Program.
- Add the following line to Revit.ini in [Graphics] section:
- Where 16 is a number larger than 8 (default hard-coded value). Good starting point is twice the default size (i.e. 16-17).
- Save Revit.ini.
- Restart Revit. You should see the change.
- If the size of temporary dimensions is still small, repeat from step 1 with larger number.
Adjust temporary dimension size in Revit
In the new build 20070810_1700 Web Update Enhancement List, there is a point mentioning: "When temporary dimension text too small to read, user can adjust the size of the font through Revit.ini". Our Autodesk Support team is currently in the process of creating a Knowledge Base solution that explains how to modify the Revit.ini to adjust the size of the temporary dimensions. However, the following are the steps to do so: