Location can become a big issue in an Autodesk® Revit® project. How do we collaborate between multiple offices? How do we exchange data, coordinate building position, link models, and keep the chaos away when everyone is working in multiple companies, locations, platforms, and units? We will look at lessons learned, and the management tools and techniques used to settle issues of model linking, central file sharing, shared coordinate systems, Revit Server, and model content.
- Audience Level of Expertise:
- Target Audience:
- Autodesk Revit users and BIM managers, and collaborators on large projects in any software
- Leadership Forum
- Plan model contributions for multiple offices to collaborate successfully on a multi-firm project.
- Describe how Revit Server can function within a multi-location company to help share models.
- Explain how the shared locations and other file formats are affected by the use of Revit Server.
- List the capabilities of Revit Server and Autodesk Project Bluestreak Mobile to aid with inter-company communication.